Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Jacoby!

My sweet nephew, Jacoby, turned two yesterday and we were lucky enough to spend the day with him which included a birthday party at our house! Jacoby is such a fun little guy and he was totally into his birthday party. He told his mom he wanted a cake, cupcakes, balloons and presents...and that's what he got! His cousins had a blast all together playing and celebrating with him. It was a fun afternoon with lots of nieces and nephews...

The birthday boy! He was so happy and proud when we sang 'Happy Birthday' to him

Before the party there were lots of preparations. Athena and Elle were great helpers and Amber did a great job decorating Jacoby's tractor cake

Jacoby's cupcakes and cake

Jacoby and Genevieve also helped...they played with water in the sink while we prepared! They both have such personality. It is fun to see them together; they seem to like each other but they are also trying to figure out their place with each other. They are learning to share more and more and made great progress on this visit. The cutest thing for me though was on Sunday morning Chad, the kids and I left early for church and, while we were gone, Amber and her family got up and left for Portland. When we got back, Genevieve was looking around and then stood at the stairs whining to go up. She was very persistent and so finally I took her up there to see what she wanted to do. When she got up there she checked all the rooms and I realized she was searching for her cousins, Jacoby and Antonia. She had her hands up with a questioning look wondering where they were and when I asked if she was looking for Jacoby and Antonia she got excited and I had to tell her they went home. It was so sweet!

Genevieve LOVED the balloons and was so giddy playing with them!

Pascal and Cade are very good big cousins to Jacoby. They learned from their big boy cousins, Roman and Daniel (and also Colin and Andrew on Cade's side)!

James, Antonia, Meleesa, Athena and Elle

Genevieve enjoyed the cake!

And finally, my little sister's beautiful, growing family! It was great having them visit us for a couple days!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Yea Leticia!! Thank you SO MUCH for letting us host the party at your house and spending Jacoby's 2nd birthday there :) We had a great weekend!

MarcusJacob said...

It was fun!

Mary K said...

Too fun, I wish we could have been there:( I love Jacoby's proud expression! You do such a great job in capturing the whole gang, the major events and everyone's emotions!

P.S. Did Amber tell you I just learned you could leave comments on your blogs...yes, I'm a total air head but I think it is funny because it is very typical of me(poor Duane, HA!)