Friday, May 30, 2014

Reno Basketball, ODP State and Ballet!

Memorial Day weekend was a busy one for us; Willem and I went to his Triple Threat team's end-of-season basketball tournament in Reno, Genevieve had her first ballet recital and Elle played in her ODP State team Friendship Cup tournament in Portland. I was a little nervous about Willem and my 'solo' Reno trip but it turned out to be such a great weekend! The drive there flew by as we listened to a book on tape, watched/listened to the NorCal CrossFit regionals on my iphone and listened to music. Once we got there, the boys played great in their tourney which ended in a a thrilling silver-division championship game that was won on a buzzer beater shot by Lucas; the boys and all of us were so excited! It was really a treat watching them play! Willem played a lot and well! We also had some great pool time, friend time and some great mom/son time as well. I am so glad I went! 

Meanwhile, Chad was at home with the rest of the clan! He ferried Elle up and back to her four ODP tournament games in Portland and took Nev to her first-ever ballet recital! Chad reported that Elle played tough and that Nev did awesome! Nev was super excited and took it very seriously. Grandma claimed she was the best dancer in the group ;) Being a parent is just super fun (most of the time)!


Aaah! Pool time!





Willem loved the room service!



 




 





 


 




Celebration after the buzzer-beater in the championship game!






 




  
 

Pictures weren't allowed at the actual recital at LCC but above are some pictures in the dance studio of the girls practicing the routine

Proud Ballerina and Daddy on the afternoon of the recital!

 
I love this shot of Elle at ODP 


No comments: