How is it I am married to a 45 year old!? To me he's still the 16 year old I met 29 years ago (ok, maybe more like the 30 year old it seems I was with just yesterday)! Whatever his (or my age) I do know I am so blessed to have somehow had the wisdom to marry such a great man, husband and dad!
We had a fun day bowling with the kids for the first time in a very long time. It was fun to see their personalities come out in their bowling and reactions to it! I think Cade thought he'd be really good at bowling (even though we never go) and when he wasn't, he rented another lane and played 5 games on his own in between his turns with our one lane...he improved a lot and figured it out scoring 100 in his last game. Gabrielle slowly got better as we bowled, she didn't get really frustrated but she did want to beat Willem! Willem really wanted to beat Elle and did roll on the ground with irritation a time or two (mostly in fun) when he didn't do well! Nev wanted to bowl all by herself and was annoyed when we all tried to help; she did do just fine on her own (with bumpers and using a roller some of the time). It was fun watching her jump up and down with excitement every time she knocked down some pins!
After bowling, Chad and I snuck away for the night at The Inn at The 5th. In the morning, after sleeping in, we worked out together with friends and enjoyed lunch together before heading home. I love birthdays!!
Looking at these pictures, I really should have taken my 'real' camera with me! Oh well, still fun to document the day even if it's on my iPhone (once again!).
After bowling, Chad and I snuck away for the night at The Inn at The 5th. In the morning, after sleeping in, we worked out together with friends and enjoyed lunch together before heading home. I love birthdays!!
Looking at these pictures, I really should have taken my 'real' camera with me! Oh well, still fun to document the day even if it's on my iPhone (once again!).
I've still got it ;) Chad's score is hidden...he got a close 2nd at 141! This was the first game, Elle, Will and Nev used a bumper.












1 comment:
What a great idea to go bowling, such a fun thing to do and so under utilized!? It sounds like you did a great job celebrating Chad's birthday, even with a night away. SO impressive!! I feel like every year I'm so late in giving any thought to my or Tony's birthdays! I think my favorite picture here, even though they're all fun, is the one of the dessert because those are some great smiles!! :) And wow on Cade's determination even in bowling!? Unbelievable, all that drive. Impressive! I think I'm most like Elle here ;) Happy Birthday to Chad again!!
Post a Comment