Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Girls Night - Elle Style!

Somehow Gabrielle convinced me to take her and three of her friends to Portland for a night at Embassy Suites. The girls all chipped in for the hotel and had such a blast together. We headed to Portland around 2:00 pm Sunday and once we got there, started out with an early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory followed by a little shopping and then swimming in the hotel pool (probably not the best idea for a girl in a cast but, it eventually dried out)! After swimming the girls played a little in the hallways and then it was time for some room service and a movie. By the time the movie was over, it was midnight but apparently the night was just beginning. Nev fell asleep about 11:00 pm and I tried to sleep around 1:30 am but kept hearing the girls giggling and talking until I asked them to please be quiet and turn off the lights around 4:00 am! At 8:00 am they woke me asking if they could get breakfast! So off we went for breakfast and then more shopping. We finally headed back towards home around 2:00 pm. What a crazy 24 hours! Their agenda is actually very much what I would pick for a girls weekend except I would opt for a lot more sleeping!

The girls: Gabrielle, Athena, Kyndsi, Avalon and baby Genevieve

1 comment:

Amber said...

It sounds (and looks) like these girls have such a great time together. Soooo nice for Elle to have these friends. I also love that Nev gets to be so involved! What a lucky little girl :)